Friday, September 01, 2006

Vicodin is my friend...

It has been a while since I blogged about home renno, or much else besides running, but for the next couple of days, I’ll be cooped up in bed with my laptop, recovering from a minor surgery. Fortunately, I have recent progress to report.

I remember an exercise we did in a philosophy class. Start by walking half the distance between yourself and the wall, then walk half the remaining distance, repeat, repeat again. The question is, if you keep this up, will you ever reach the wall? That is how I feel about the project room. Every time I get a chance to spend a few days up there, we get a lot done, and yet, I think I was probably saying we were almost done about this time last summer.

That being said, we are getting dangerously close to done. All the paneling is done. The carpenter has built all the boxes for the shelving on one side and is working on the other. All along, I have helped him do one side of the room and then done the other myself. This worked well with the pine paneling, electrical and sheetrock (for example; I wired all the outlets myself and then he came back and checked them) but I left the fine carpentry to him. It will be a few years, yet, before I weld any biscuits.

All that is left is to finish sanding the floor (estimate eight hours), apply two more layers of mud to the new sheet rock and all the repaired seams on the pre-existing sheetrock (4 hours), prime and paint, do the finish work on the paneling (corner edges, ¾ round, filling, etc.), and then seal the floor. I have until mid-September to make progress before things get totally crazy with school and work. We have carved our calendar up between now and then and are actively seeking babysitters for weekend days so we can both work on The Project at the same time. We'll get there. October 1st is the goal – October One, Get it Done!

3 comment(s):

  • Scott

    Just saw your commrnt but Meredith's blog looks to have been hacked. When I go to her url, I see only this!

    "by Thehacker /Turkish Hacker Fuck israel no war"

    really weird!

    Let me know your question...


    By Blogger Jocelyn, at 9/03/2006 05:27:00 PM  

  • Stupid hackers!

    I missed your comment the first time (I blame the pain pills). I will now go respond on your site you your helpful advice.

    Thanks,
    SD


    By Blogger Scott in Washington, at 9/05/2006 01:48:00 PM  

  • My name is Robert Fraser and i would like to show you my personal experience with Vicodin.

    I am 27 years old. Have been on Vicodin for 1 day now. Found a few pills. I'm currently not an addict though I have taken vicodin in the past and I am certainly playing with the devil because I do like the feeling it gives me. Biggest problem, besides the addiction, is Insomnia. Tossed and turned for two hours before I decided to research it.

    I have experienced some of these side effects -
    Constipation and insomnia.

    I hope this information will be useful to others,
    Robert Fraser


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/22/2009 09:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home