Monday, November 01, 2004


About half of this batch will be earmarked for Christmas presents and the other half will go to the gallery for Christmas sales. I also spent several hours working on a few ideas for hand carved tiles. If they work out, I'll probably want to use some of them in with the slate in the front room.

4 comment(s):

  • ooooooh! scott! if you put any of that stuff up for sale, let me know! I love that big platter on the far left!

    By Blogger merideth, at 11/03/2004 11:04:00 AM  

  • Merideth,

    Everything that I don't give away or incorporate into our dishes at home (this month I decided we needed a bigger cylinder for wooden spoons and spatulas) goes to the Broadway Gallery in Longview, WA. I've never really given any thought to selling my work online or through the mail. Its an interesting proposition. Maybe I'll take some photos tonight and put together a little website.

    SD


    By Blogger Scott in Washington, at 11/03/2004 11:21:00 AM  

  • oooooh it's so exciting!!

    My friend Kevin makes jewelry on the side as hobby. He brought some in to work one day and every one dug it so he put a couple of peices up on ebay (just last week) and he's having a great time selling stuff. Maybe you'd be into that?


    By Blogger merideth, at 11/04/2004 10:36:00 AM  

  • Merideth,

    I've sold stuff on Ebay before - duplicate CDs and DVDs, computer stuff, etc. The last time I looked at pottery on Ebay, though, it looks like non-name brand, or not made by a famous potter pottery was undervalued. Plus, theres all the hassle. I might put some items up on my website and if people see them and want to buy them, cool. If not, no biggie. Its not like an auction where I'd have to repost items that didn't sell, mess with Paypal, and all that. They take 30% off the top (even though I maintain their site), but there is zero hassle for me.


    By Blogger Scott in Washington, at 11/04/2004 05:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home