Tuesday, November 23, 2004


This posting is in reply to Jeannie's (house in progress) posting about looking forward to going to her mother-in-law's house for Thanksgiving where everything will be clean and orderly and not under construction. I propose that she take five minutes to engage in a little wish fullfillment exercise. 1. Take a picture that shows your house as it really is - with dust bunnies on the butchers table, spilled flour on the hanging pots, excaped cheerios on the floor, etc. 2. Spend five minutes in Photoshop cleaning up! You may not have time to clean your real house as often as you want to, but at least you can make fake, cleaned up photos for the Internet. Forget about airbrushed supermodels, I just want a clean kitchen!

2 comment(s):

  • Hah HAH! What a cute little kidlet! And what a clean house Photoshop doth render. :)

    A very happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    I was giving my dad an internet tour of the home improvement site's we read and we clicked over here. He fell over when he saw the reference to houseinprogress. I laughed and said, "Why are you so surprised?" We house unmuddlers stick together!!

    I'm definitely going to have to take a picture of a spot in the house that needs "tidying" and give this technique a try. Oh virtual beautiful abode!

    jm


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/25/2004 07:19:00 AM  

  • Jeannie,

    I'm glad you liked my joke. Thats one nice thing about holidays - more free time and additional public scrutiny of your abode combine to force a cleaner house. Four days wasn't enough. Now I'm looking forward to Christmas break.

    SD


    By Blogger Scott in Washington, at 11/30/2004 12:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home