Thursday, February 03, 2005


This is what happened two Tuesdays ago late in the evening. I was bending down between an ottoman and an easy chair, trying to recapture one of Thomas' many things, when I lost my balance. Looking back I realize that I was trying to put one foot in front of the other and bend down and around to the right. Instead I lost my balance and toppled to the left towards the stove. I couldn't bring my left foot around because of the ottoman. I had the choice of putting my left cheek against the top of the stove or pushing off with my right three fingers and thumb. An easy choice for me but seeing as I've been a bit remiss since then in the diapers and dishes dept, maybe not a given for Brit.

For those at home I wouldn't reccomend trying it. If you're curious try doing everthing that you usually do with your primary hand, like buttoning your cuff, opening a can, or brushing your teeth with either the inside of your thumb and your pinky or your other hand. Typing and mouse clicking hasn't been easy but I guess I'm thankful its a temporary condition. I'm proud to say that I can brush left-handed and change a diaper with seven fingers.

2 comment(s):

  • Oh no - your poor fingers! You can't continue home renovations with fingers like THAT! That looks very painful and inconvenient (I don't know which is worse - the pain or the inconvenience...??) At least now your hiatus is very well-deserved.

    Happy recovery!
    Leah
    www.RaiseTheRanch.com


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/04/2005 06:39:00 AM  

  • OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! oh my gosh. dude, i am soo sorry.

    By Blogger merideth, at 2/08/2005 04:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home