Saturday, March 19, 2005

Rain Rain Take a Hike

Well, its Saturday (S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y ai yai yai...), I had big plans for spending raking and tilling and planting, but its raining to beat the band, alternating with irritating drizzle. I got my onion starts in the ground and rake grass clumps and root balls out of the potatoe beds, but it was not use. I did take my snow pea seedlings outside so they would get more light and be encouraged to GROW.

Question; I'm planning to leave at least two eyes on every sections of the potatoe starts I got at the gardening store. Does it make a difference one way or the other if I cut them all up now or wait until right before I plant them?

6 comment(s):

  • I cut as I plant my potatoes and I leave two eyes on each.I don't know how to write out directions now without a spin on it, still laughing about the corn and onions.
    And this rain is the best, took a run and splashed in the puddles, life cannot get any better.
    Your garden will love the rain, because the sun will soon arrive and make the garden a sauna


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/19/2005 11:43:00 AM  

  • http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=potatoe&x=0&y=0

    I see you are using the alternate 'Dan Quayle' style spelling that got him called an 'effing idiot' by every democrat with a mouth.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/19/2005 07:00:00 PM  

  • spud !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/20/2005 09:57:00 AM  

  • I say potato, and you say potato
    I say tomato, and you say tomato
    potato, potato
    tomato, tomato
    let's call the whole thing off!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/20/2005 04:52:00 PM  

  • I'm as corny as kansas in august..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/20/2005 06:25:00 PM  

  • Holy moly. Mandingo, I get my taters as single sets...little guys the size of...grapes. I'm sure any way you cut the bastards will be fine.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/22/2005 09:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home