Monday, January 15, 2007

Ship's Log, January 2007


DSCN2463
Originally uploaded by gene_poole.
Times on Clark Creek are currently busy but a good kind of busy. It has been cold and icy the past week or so and we have kept snow on the ground, which is unusual.

Update on the project that will never end: I finished sanding the floor and sealed it. I got a more expensive sealant this time designed for gym floors, sports bars, etc. that hardened up very nicely. It has a more matt surface than what I used in the first upstairs floor I refinished and I think will probably be much more resistant to scratches, fogging, etc. This weekend I finished up the finish carpentry and started sealing the pine. I’m using the same stuff on the walls as the floor, so hopefully they will withstand many years of childish scribbling with crayons and the work of other hunnish vandals. I think when I’m done sealing the pine walls I’ll clean everything up and put another coat or two on the floor. I didn’t sand it quite as smoothly as needed it turns out and patches of it are not smooth and snag on sock-clad feet – not so good. After that, all that will remain is a little touch up work and finishing the door. Then, finally, we will be past this particular chapter in home improvement. May I never again blindly leap into a project without considering time, cost, and inconvenience to my family (not to end on a down note).

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home