Friday, April 01, 2005

Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head

It’s Friday already. How did that happen? I haven’t posted anything this week, I think, because in the back of my mind I’ve been waiting until I could report some progress on the garden. No progress happening, only a whole lotto rain falling.

For the past two weeks it has rained almost every day and night. The PNW has had a very dry winter, granted. Two weeks ago, they were saying that this summer was going to be like Mad Max 3 with everyone fighting over water. After that past 14 day deluge, we’re now up to 60% of normal. The farmers, fish, and power people will still battle royal by mid-July but they probably won’t shoot crossbows and swing spiky things on chains at each other anymore. The official water scientist guy (Meteorologist? Hydrologist? Marine Biologist? Wacky Weekend Weather Guy?) I heard on the radio yesterday said that with another two weeks like the ones we’ve just had, we would be at 100% normal for this time of year. How is that possible? How can you get a whole winter’s worth of precipitation in one month? I guess the folks in SoCal wouldn’t find it to be so awfully amazing. We had the power go out once for about 30 minutes. They’re having whole neighborhoods wash away and end up spilled across all 16 lanes of their freeways.

This weekend I resolve to get my cold weather crops in the ground no matter what. I will get wet and muddy. I will not take no for answer. There is no “I” in team (Not that that particularly matters at this point.). Whatever, I’ll get the ‘effin thing in the ground!


2 comment(s):

  • 43 degrees, rain and a fire in the wood stove is heaven !..no heat, no humidity...happy gardening !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2005 11:21:00 AM  

  • I thought you'd be proud SD...I notived the other day while watching Flight of the Phoenix, at the end, there's these nomads chasing the folds and the soundtrack has automatic machine gun fire, but every one of thoses nomads has a 5 foot long rifle. I scoffed.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4/03/2005 12:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home