Monday, July 04, 2005

I'm coming out, so you'd better get this party started...

Actually my wife sort of kind of outed me on another blog right after we got back from Vegas. What I'm talking about is my decision to run the Vegas Marathon this coming December - a plan that I've sort of been avoiding talking about on my blog because I wasn't, well, ready to talk about it.


chip-bullet115119
Originally uploaded by gene_poole.
I have Hal Higdon's novice training schedule tacked next to my desk at work. I'm not supposed to start the official cycle until August 1st but I've been unofficially training since we got back about a month ago. I've never run more than 14 miles before, so this will be a pretty big step for me. I've wanted to run a marathon since I was a little kid and my dad ran them. Plus I have to think running up the strip after running in from the desert has to be one of life's Great Experiences.

Question for the Blogosphere:
Do you prefer reading blogs where people talk about many varied aspect of their lives or do you prefer reading blogs where people keep it to one topic? This blog started out as a strictly home renovations blog and that what I still mostly talk about but recently I've been thinking maybe I should start a second one to talk about the blah blah blabbity blah things that don't have anything to do with working on the house. What do you think?

8 comment(s):

  • Varied. Anything that doesn't involve sewing and quilting is rad. I guess I should run that LV thing too hunh...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7/04/2005 04:03:00 PM  

  • I like some variety. I can't help but post on some things of interest to me and some relate to the house: architecture, books, neighborhood, etc...

    If your blog turned into a training diary for the marathon though, you'd probably lose me.

    On your blog, I like when you have offbeat subjects, but I can't recall a good example right now-sorry...

    good luck with the training-way 2 go.


    By Blogger Jocelyn, at 7/04/2005 04:53:00 PM  

  • Sir - Could you please talk more about your Kitties poopy time habits (especially the long haired one) and break down the pro's and con's of bran vs. regular CHEX cereal in some future posting? Hey...just busting your balls.

    On the same topic, the Doonesbury in this last sunday's paper. Read it if you can find it.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/04/2005 09:33:00 PM  

  • I agree, with the others, I like variety too... But the balance is important, if you changed it so it became mostly about general things and only a small proportion about renovating your house or related topics, I'd probably not read it.

    By Blogger Lynette, at 7/05/2005 01:01:00 AM  

  • OK, it sounds like variety is the spice of life but renovation is the mainstay.

    Garret,
    Thanks for the reminder of how extreme the ups and downs were for me in old Three Swamps. One year I was running the perimeter with Ted Skiff and running a nine minute PRT and then the next year I spent more time with Jack Daniels and Philip J. Morse and ran like a speeding banana slug. I've run off and on most of the time since I got out. Thanks for the encouragement.


    By Blogger Scott in Washington, at 7/05/2005 07:55:00 AM  

  • i'll read regardless of the content. unless you turn it into a "help the juice find the killer" blog.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7/05/2005 01:59:00 PM  

  • Yay! Las Vegas will be my first marathon too - so I gotta vote for a training blog ...

    By Blogger Riona, at 7/15/2005 02:20:00 PM  

  • definitely varied (sorry for delay). want to hear about fellow vegas runner's quest to conquer the strip!

    By Blogger About Me:, at 8/04/2005 09:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home