Sunday, April 02, 2006

Signs of Life


Still Life with Sawhorse
Originally uploaded by gene_poole.
All the green leafy things have new buds shooting out all over. I'm feeling a lot better too. I still have a slight residual from the flu but I spent all weekend being more or less active with little negative consequence - Running tomorrow for sure.

The project room has been just that for so long now that we don't call it Brit's sewing room anymore. I'm starting to think of it as the boy storage unit. Before I ran out of both time to work up there myself and money to pay contractors, we got the lighting done, the in-wall bunks about half done, and the floor 90% ready for a new coat of sealant. Then the doldrums set in. This weekend I cleared out a lot of the detritus that builds up in rooms left long vacant and started to get everything ready to resume work because (drum roll puhleazze...), we are getting back to the interest free loan we made to the federal govmint. Our tax return this year should pay for the contractor to come back to finish upstairs and maybe enough to fund my summer deck projects. We'll see. All I know is that breeding and shifting all our debt into deductible mortgage made quite the positive difference.

In other news, I took a truckload to the dump and another to the recycling plant, and spent a few hours shifting and sorting in the shed to clear a corner for home brewing. I got out all my stuff from ten years ago and also bought two new 5 gallon kegs. After a run to Portland some time soon for supplies, we should be in bidness.

First day of the new quarter tomorrow - Happy, happy, joy, joy....

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home