Sunday, January 21, 2007

Around-the-room


Around-the-room
Originally uploaded by gene_poole.
These five pictures run from left to right. You are seeing the same doorway in the first and last photos. I uploaded the five pictures one-by-one to Flickr as well.

How many more entries will I post to this blog, declaring the current project to be almost complete? This time it really is, I swear! All the finish work that had to be done before sealing is done. The final coat is on the floor. All that remains is a little molding, paint touch up, and to nail sealed ¾ round to the joint between the pine board wall and the beginning of the sheetrock – all told about an hour’s work left to go.

I have learned in remodeling the upstairs of my house that some projects can only be measured in the segment of your life they consume. When we first decided to rip up the carpets and break out the sledge hammer I had just finished college and we had a new little baby that we were still adjusting our life to welcome. Now I’m just about finished with my graduate degree and we have two son who really, really need their own rooms.

Tonight we will start moving in the beds, the dresser, and the desk. Stuff banished from the basement will return after years of wandering in the wasteland. My next post will be when the upstairs room is abso-fabo-utely DONE!

Next, I’m thinking about replacement decks and doctoral programs, probably in that order.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home