Sunday, August 19, 2007

The destruction


The destruction
Originally uploaded by gene_poole
Two days ago I finally got around to doing something that I've wanted to since the first day we looked at the house; tearing down the old deck off what is now our bedroom. It never had an easy life, rarely getting much needed preventative maintenance and wasn't really a good design for our climate. Tear down is always the easiest part of any project and getting the old deck down and carted around the house to the burn pile was less than a day's work. The plan for now is just to build a set of stairs from the bedroom door down to the yard and leave it so for a year or two. Eventually we'll probably replace the deck with a concrete slab and roof like the one over the deck on the north facing side of the house. Click on the photo to view more project photos in Flickr.

4 comment(s):

  • YES - tearing down is always the easy part - then one has to know what they are doing - then I am usually lost on this type of construction project. Can't wait to see the finished product - BEST of luck!

    Awesome blog !!!

    Hello, Michele sent me. AND I will be back to check on the deck!!!

    Jerry in Tampa


    By Blogger Jerry in Tampa, at 11/18/2007 01:41:00 AM  

  • Must've been therapeutic. I want to tear apart my house sometimes -- then I just end up buying something new to make it look better. Then I sit back, and all is well with my world again.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/15/2008 03:59:00 PM  

  • Wow that must have been fun. I want to destroy a porch!
    porch projects


    By Blogger ever-re, at 12/24/2008 08:07:00 AM  

  • yes you are right tearing down is always the easy part he lost his home very said,BEST OF LUCK, my all wishes with you..

    Thank you for post.


    By Anonymous Renovations Raleigh NC, at 1/21/2011 10:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home