Thursday, April 07, 2005

Why I get to go to Gunnars Autoparts on my lunch

The end of my driver's side wiper blade has been loose for too long now. I first noticed it on the way back from Steve's house a couple of weeks ago and have been meaning to get it fixed. Its gotten to the point where the metal strip makes this nails on chalkboard schreech every time the wiper travels down the glass - up and over that then SCHREECH. This is irritating sure, like chewing on tin foil, but more than that its a little repetitive reminder that I'm being a slovenly automobile owner who needs to get his butt to the parts store pronto before there is a permanent scratch in my windsheild. So, this morning when I was driving in and it was raining I really didn't want to use the wiper. I'd wait, wait, wipe, SCHREECH, Dammit! In that order. I decided that even if I had to wipe, I didn't have to listen and so tried yelling. Hi pitched screeches just cut right through baritone or bass. I tried some opera falsetto, which worked pretty well but was a little hard on the vocals. The somber commentators on NPR didn't work worth a darned, even cranked up to max volume, but Bob and the Wailers worked pretty well.

3 comment(s):

  • My teeth are aching from the tin foil comment and I can still hear that screech. You should have included a warning at the beginning of the post!

    By Blogger Kasmira, at 4/08/2005 12:59:00 PM  

  • Did you get a new head light also ? And you need to add finger nails on the chalk board along with the foil to the teeth ....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/08/2005 04:43:00 PM  

  • Do I have a headlight out? Which car?

    We drove up to Anecortes and back this past weekend. I am sooo glad I got the new wiper blades. The SCREEEKKKK is now a gentle, silicon lubricated shsshhhhh.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/13/2005 02:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home