Sunday, May 14, 2006

Still got a pulse...

Long time, no blog posting, no blog reading…

Warning; I just read back over this, and wow, what boring prattle. Who cares, I’m posting it anyway. Try and stop me!

It’s amazing how quickly something can become a part of your daily life and then how quickly you can drop it as well. Maybe partially it is because the summer weather is here and I’ve gone into my usual hyper-frenzied levels of activity, and partially because I haven’t been training and following training blogs, and work has been crazy-go-nuts, but mostly I just haven’t been interested in journaling. Maybe I need a new camera. Yes! A new toy, a new material purchase would make everything better!

Speaking of material purchases; I drove the truck down to the lumber supply place yesterday for what I hope will be the last load of pine boards for the upstairs project. If you are ever asking yourself how much extra cost and expensive putting up wood paneling vs. sheetrock would be, the answer will be somewhere in the orders of magnitude. Its been a fun project but I don’t think I’ll ever to true paneling again, at least not until I’m old and the kids are gone and I’m looking for projects. I bet by then, the thought of laying on my back in a hole in the wall, holding paneling up with my feet and running the nail gun probably won’t be all that appealing then either. Anyway, that project nears completion (does anyone still believe me on that?).

Yesterday I put my third batch of beer, a porter, into the keg and started five gallons of IPA, and five of hef. I’m starting to get things figured out in that realm but I bet I learn a ton the first time I get to brew with someone else present. I’ve discovered three guys at work who brew and one acquaintance from school. Maybe we’ll form some sort of club like the one Keith attends in E-burg. I did have one scary moment yesterday when a mistake I made caused boiling wort to spray back into my face. Luckily I just burned my lip and missed the peepers. I won’t do that again.

Garden: I got everything tilled up, spuds in the ground, and about half my seeds into seed trays. That’s my goal for the evenings this coming week – seeds in pods.

Right now I’ve got five gallons of beef stew simmering and a monster fruit salad to cut up later. For now I think I’ll take a book and got sit outside for a while.

1 comment(s):

  • I think it's officially time to embrace the "my blog is about anything" approach!

    Beer IS good! Cant wait to see y'all!


    By Blogger merideth, at 5/14/2006 08:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home