Thursday, May 12, 2005

Voted Most Likely to Be An Idiot.

I was reading one of the blogs I read recently, can't remember which one, and the author was venting about some of the ignorant bumper stickers she sees and on the $4000 cars with $15,000 worth of "pimping out" done to them.

Far be it from me to criticize someone for spending their money on a silly hobby but I do shake my head a lot while walking across the parking lot from our building to the rest of the campus. The one that really sticks in my mind is the sticker on back to the truck cab that says, "No Fat Chicks, Truck May Tip Over" I'm going to go out on a limb and assume this truck is driven by a guy and also suggest that he might as well replace the sticker with one that says, "I'M NOT GOING TO GET A DATE.... EVER...."

6 comment(s):

  • You should make this sticker and put it on his vehicle..

    "So many women in the world, so few talk to me!"


    By Blogger Gary, at 5/12/2005 06:11:00 PM  

  • Gary- you consistently crack me up!

    By Blogger Jocelyn, at 5/12/2005 07:36:00 PM  

  • I actually have a rant about the bumper sticker. I find it such a strange way to communicate to the world. It does, however, give me something to focus on when I yell to other drivers from the safety of my closed car. Example: "Clearly your honor student didn't get the brains from YOU!"

    By Blogger Beth, at 5/13/2005 08:34:00 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Scott in Washington, at 5/13/2005 04:09:00 PM  

  • I'm not sure I entirely understand the bumper sticker myself. We carry signs in marchs and protests, put slogans on our teeshirts, etc. but it seems to me that the messages we put on the rear end of our cars seem to follow a differenct set of rules regarding how we say what we want to the world. It is almost like people feel insulated in their cars with their backs turned to the reader and feel comfortable and empowered enough to say things they'd never say to one another's faces.

    By Blogger Scott in Washington, at 5/13/2005 04:11:00 PM  

  • "It is almost like people feel insulated in their cars with their backs turned to the reader and feel comfortable and empowered enough to say things they'd never say to one another's faces."

    Yeah like the one that reads

    I may be slow but I'm in front of you!

    You have to realize that it is bumper stickers and atmospheric pressure that keeps some of the more decorated cars held together!


    By Blogger Gary, at 5/13/2005 07:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home