Friday, June 17, 2005

What about Bob?

Dag Nab that husband! Here I spent all day writing this post and I get here and he justed posted. Oh well, great minds think alike....alot.

Well while Scott has been doing that little thing we like to call his job I’ve been working on reclaiming the yard….

First up: Bob

For one of my birthdays, I think two years ago, I asked for apple trees. I got two. (Henry and Bob) And one rose bush.

We planted them on the hill behind our house which gets full sun, and our anxiously awaiting the day they mature and bear more than one apple each. While Henry sits in full view of the house and the sun. We have to go looking for Bob each spring as the Chinese bamboo(not it’s real name)* and blackberry bushes compete to see who will first devour our yard and house.

Scott took a first whacking round Sunday afternoon, then I spent Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday making the space around Bob bigger.





notice all the extra space around that tree on the right? Yeah I did that! I also bought some cheapy dirt/beautybark stuff and reclaimed my wall garden ( I do flowers and herbs, Scott grows the food). Here are some gratuitous pics of the day lillies I love so much...and that transport so well!



*This post has taken me over three hours because I went to look for what type of fake bamboo plant this Chinese bamboo is, but couldn’t find it did find this post by Amalah (you run into bloggers everywhere these days!) and then somehow ended up on ebay…you know how it is.

3 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home