Sunday, June 18, 2006

Mmm hmmm, One Half comp day well spent

This was them minutes after arriving in their new homes. I brewed Friday, pitched my yeast Saturday morning, and by Saturday night, when I went out to check on them and see if it was time to start heating the water bath, they were both bubbling merrily along. Even in the high 50's, I had a steady stream of CO2 like a fish tank bubbler so I left the heat off. By this evening things seemed to be holding steady with no danger of a blow - we'll see tomorrow. Kyle brought me two more kegs, more hop plugs than have any business with, and a very accurate thermo-coupler this weekend. Garage sales look out. Daddy needs a kegerator. Being able to control the temp. of my kegs means I could start playing with meads and lagers, maybe reason enough to get back into bee keeping, only time will tell how many hobbies I can get away with.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home