Saturday, June 03, 2006

"What is a house but a place to keep your stuff while you're out getting more stuff?"

Yesterday was a long day. A colleague and I drove up to Redmond for an all day conference/summit deal at Microsoft. Boy, all the stories about how the other half live are true, driving around the campus the little we did reinforced for me that those people have some serious dough and they spend a lot of it. The presentations were good and I’m glad I went, even if it did eat up the entire day.

Today is mostly getting ready for the trip I will leave on tomorrow. In packing, I had to ask myself where the line is that when crossed means you have gone into tech overload (similar to death by OG or over gold). For a four day trip I among other things I have packed:

  1. A laptop
  2. A PDA (with keyboard, etc.)
  3. Camera
  4. Cell Phone
  5. Garmin Forerunner
  6. iPod
  7. Memory Stick

Plus books, magazines, DVDs, and a computer game. When did we/I start needing 6 million distractions to make it through a 96 hour period?

If my new iriver was here yet, I’m sure I’d pack that too.

2 comment(s):

  • Is the I-river just another MP3 player with radio and voice recording? Sounds like the thing Talia got at Radioshack , it was $60 after rebate. Same thing?

    I too hate toting all that shit, and the wires that connect it all to the laptop. Wires. Chargers. Someday the cellphones'll get all nice and techy and we won't need the camera, ipod...other stuff. Anyhow.


    By Blogger Unknown, at 6/04/2006 05:54:00 PM  

  • Have you noticed that their stuff is sh!t and your sh!t is stuff?

    By Blogger Joe, at 7/26/2006 04:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home